Location: Oak Bluff, Manitoba, Canada
VIS a division of AG Growth International is seeking
a Designer to assist in the design and development of innovative products and
technologies. This position is based at our office in Oak Bluff, MB.
The position will work directly for the Engineering
accurate CAD models, drawings, and bills of materials for release to clients
- Preparing shop drawings so that manufacturing can accurately order material and fabricate to customer specifications.
- Work with fabricators to answer technical questions, and ensure products are assembled and fabricated correctly.
closely with other team members as needed to ensure the final products have
systems which function properly together and perform at levels specified in the
technical requirements document.
- Work with sales department to prepare initial designs and bill of materials for quotations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or Technologist Diploma in Mechanical or Agricultural
Engineering is preferred
least 2 to 5 years of engineering experience in equipment manufacturing
- Background including experience using complex file systems, Engineering Product Data Management (EPDM), systems and other product development systems and processes within an engineering environment will be an asset;
with SolidWorks or other parametric CAD software. AutoCAD experience is also an asset.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems while working in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills while working cooperatively & effectively in a collaborative design team, including representatives from other AGI facilities, departments, customers, and suppliers.
development experience considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated metal environment, with a propensity for machine design and ability to perform engineering analysis.
- Analytical, problem solving, decision making, organizational and time management skills.
- Exercises good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic.
Salary and benefits will be dependent on skills,
experience, and qualifications.
Those interested in the position should apply with a
resume and cover letter by Friday April 14th, 2017 to email@example.com
Back to opportunities