Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Monthly, quarterly & annual financial reporting
both internally and externally. External
reporting involving audited consolidated financial statements under
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Reporting/Interaction with other Staff
- Work is performed
under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Director of Financial
Reporting in AGI Winnipeg, with direct reporting to Director of Financial
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Manage the quarterly and annual external reporting for AGI, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Consolidation of AGI divisional financial results
- Manage consolidation software and integrations and updates
- Research accounting policy and advise divisions and management
- Work with auditors on financial reporting issues
- Draft financial statements for public reporting
- Assist with Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) preparation
- Accounting for capital assets and intangible assets
- Accounting for financial instruments
- Maintains confidentiality pertaining to all aspects of team member and company matters.
- Cooperate with all areas within the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department and company objectives are met.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Controllers Manual, which includes accounting policies, operational guidelines and 52-109 internal control documentation.
- Support new systems or project selections & implementation from a strategic finance & internal control perspective. Participate in other internal controls & risk management projects as required.
- Must be available for international travel.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience with Financial Statement consolidation programs
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve & make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Analytical thinking and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Accounting designation (CPA) with public company audit or reporting experience.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, database management and e-mail communication.
To apply, please forward your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to opportunities